Prior to 1964, all Chevrolet and GMC Truck radios were unique and different from any car radio. In 1964 Chevrolet slightly modified the full-size passenger car manual tune radio to fit the trucks. This radio was used through the 1966 model year. In 1967 and later years Chevrolet and GMC Truck radios were once again unlike any passenger car radio. The only difference between the 1964 Impala and the 1964-66 Chevy Truck radio is the tuning shaft bushing and the knobs. Although the Passenger cars had 3 radio options (Manual tuned AM, Push button AM and AM/FM), only the manual tune radios were used in the trucks.
The picture below shows the differences between an original Chevy Truck radio and our new AM/FM radio mounted in the same opening. To install, remove the outer knobs and the back rings. Remove the outer 7/16" shaft nuts (they are loose). Do not turn the inner 7/16" nuts. Position the radio through the dash opening and secure with the 7/16" nuts. Replace the back rings and the outer knobs. All other installation and operating procedures are the same as the instructions for the 1964 Impala.
- Small size, BIG features!
- Looks original but offers today's technology!
- Chrome faceplate and knobs exactly match original radio!
- Fits all models including El Camino
- Fits your dash without any modifications!
- 4 X 45 watts RMS output allows up to 180 watts of audio power!
- AM/FM 'Roll-over' dial scale looks and works like original!
- AM or FM band selected with slide-bar like original!
- Analog controls look and feel like the original radio!
- All controls easily accessible. Volume, Tone, balance, fader and tuning from original looking controls!
- ½” “D” shafts for mounting exactly match original radio!
- LED dial lights will never need replacing!
- Digitally tuned AM/FM/Stereo front end provides stable, high-quality reception!
- All installation hardware and instructions included
- Do not use original speakers
- Uses original antenna
- Auxiliary inputs (RCA jacks). Standard (Motorola) antenna jack
- ½" D shafts on controls for mounting (same size and thread as original shafts)
- Memory retention (presets and other user settings) more than 40 years with power disconnected
- 3 RCA jacks for left channel, right channel and sub-woofer line outs
- 3.5 mm phone jack for input from iPod, satellite radio or MP3 player
- Switch selectable for 1,2,3 or 4 speakers
- Switch selectable for North America or Europe mode
- Includes a 6 foot 3.5mm male-to-male auxiliary cable with every radio
- Bluetooth 3.0 EDR compliant
- Built in microphone for HFP (hands-free profile)
- HSP, A2DP, AVRCP profiles supported
- Programmable audio equalizer
- Place/answer calls or stream your favorite programs while maintaining original appearance!
|With auxiliary input for iPhone / Smart phone HANDS FREE! or satellite radio XM/Sirius, mp3 player, any old portable CD or cassette player!|
|It comes with one of these,... you know where this goes!|